Thursday, May 21, 2009

Progress

I am happy to report to you that the clean-up of the woods surrounding Strack Pond is showing results. I am carefully optimistic that this area, which when I started this blog was badly decimated has shown significant improvement. I would like to thank the "groups" I addressed in earlier posts for being more conscientious, and let them know, I will be watching to see that the improvement continues. In addition, the staff of the Park has responded significantly. Not only did they just complete a sweep of an area I had been concentrating on, there are also now trash cans on the side of the park adjacent to the woods and pond which are helping to stem the tide of littering. Yesterday, I crossed to the other side of the park where there are 500 plus acres of woods and walked the "blue trail" to assess the littering in the deeply wooded area. I am happy to report that I found no significant littering on the trail or its surrounding woods. This gives me great hope that the park can be passed to the next generation in a respectable condition. Today, I will examine the "yellow trail" which I hear from the Urban Rangers has some problem areas. We will see. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment